Wednesday, November 10, 2010

the amish way.

After a recent visit to Intercourse, PA - the Amish have intrigued me a bit more than usual. The way they dress and how they live is unlike anything I could ever imagine for my own life. The simplicity is actually rather lovely. I have to say, they are a very polite group, especially with a group of wild girls like my friends and I.

There is so much about the Amish community that I do not understand. I decided to take it into my own hands to learn more about their faith. Authors Donald B. Kraybill, Steven M. Nolt and David L. Weaver-Zercher made my research much easier in the book, The Amish Way: Patient Faith in a Perilous World. 


This book was extremely interesting and I did enjoy reading it. I understand that it is not easy to write books on faith because it's difficult to keep young readers, like me engaged with such a topic. The authors took a lot of time to research the in and outs of Amish life, and you can absolutely see the time put in through every page.


A small taste of my trip to Intercourse, PA. 

No comments: